We don't have a sledding hill near us so the kids thought sledding down the tree house steps would be a great idea. Not sure how safe that is.
This last weekend was my nieces birthday party. It was super fun. They had it at 321 bounce. I love it because it's not just for the kids but the adults can play on all the toys too!!!
Making sure they all know the rules before they go crazy
*they are all cousins
Titus and Silas
Eliza and the Birthday Girl
here comes Little Miss Trouble
The whole party crew
*My oldest sis her husband and 4 boys, my bro his wife two girls and in-laws, my mom and my family
* and just in case you were wondering.....no we are not feeding her cake with mounds of frosting just to stop her from screaming. I really don't know what kind of parents would do that.
I don't know who had more fun on the bouncy toys the kids or the adults.
I love my family and I love anytime we get to hang out and all be together. I just wish my other brother and sister lived closer.
As far as adoption news goes we are (as of Feb 21)
1 month DTE
(dossier to Ethiopia)
It feels like we are making some head way. The time does seem to be going by really fast.
But I do struggle.
I don't know if it is just me or what but I get a little jealous seeing people get their referrals or going to meet their babies for the first time and then bring them home. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE being a witness to Gods grace and love and seeing these sweet babies be united with their forever families. But at the same time I feel envious. I want that to be me and my baby. Just sayin.
I know that all the puzzle pieces will fit together in HIS timing. He is writing our story and their is a lot happening while we wait. I don't want to miss any of it. A few months is really not that long. I don't want to be miss negative. Just being real.




I hear your heart and feel your wee bit of jealousy (which is normal I think by the way!) of seeing others bring their little ones home. Just think.....in less than a year he WILL be home. He will be quietly playing in your living room as you continue to blog, school, and enjoy time as family. Your family will be bigger and your hearts will be too I trust. Hang in there!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey, Girl!
ReplyDeleteYour snow day sounds great! Loved the stair hill ~ creative! ;) Wow! To live close to so many family members would ROCK!!! Looks like ALL had a good time! CONGRATS on being ONE MONTH DTE!!!! Another step closer to your son! I TOTALLY get the whole "this waiting sucks" feeling......even though you didn't say it quite like that......guess my way is a bit more blunt. Sorry. Ha! But just think....movement is GOOD because that means other movement behind the scenes is likely going on, which will help us meet OUR kids too one of these days! :) So glad to have people like you to wait this out with! Hang in there and glad you are enjoying life as you wait, my friend!
Yay, one month DTE! Boy, I feel your pain. The waiting is hard. You want people to know how hard it is, but you don't want to be a whiner. I struggle all the time with how forthcoming I should be about how hard the wait is. Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end!
ReplyDeleteI love that you had a snow day :)! Everyone needs a surprise once in awhile!
ReplyDeleteI completely understand your jealousy as you wait. I am going through that right now as I see that we are the only family left from August that hasn't cleared court. We will be traveling to get our son with people that got referrals in November.
Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy for them, but it is so hard to watch, wait, and see what seems like no progress.
bottom line: God is good :) He knows better than we do!
You are not the only one feeling some jealousy at seeing others move forward in the process. It's natural. And you are right...our time is coming too...and when it does, there will be others watching us and being jealous. Just keep reminding yourself that it's all in God's timing. I have to remind myself of that almost daily (or hourly!)
ReplyDeleteWe have got to keep it real!! The wait is hard and we all struggle between the truth of God's perfect timing and our momma's heart that wants to have our children home! You are not alone!!
ReplyDeleteAnd, I myself, would never feed my child sugar to keep them quiet! :) (Sure that diaper was fun! :)