Photobucket

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back in the swing of things

 This is my first post of the new year!!!  It always seems like such an adjustment to get "back in the swing of things" after the holidays.  We haven't been doing anything real exciting...no birthdays, no adoption news.  Just routine things...ie. homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, running.  I have started a list of new years resolutions or more appropriately goals for me and my family.  I love to journal it so I can go back and look at all that God has done in our lives. 

We had a fabulous New Years Eve with friends...sorry no pics to show for it though.  But I did take pics of our New Years Day fun.. Have I told you how much my kids LOVE to roller skate??   They are always begging to go to the rink...

Pretty Eliza

 Millie trying to get some skates on
 ready to roll


they love watching the skating races

We have a pretty full January which I am excited about... a few of the fun things coming up-

~my brother and his family are being stationed about 3hrs from us, they fly in on Sunday!!
SOOOO exciting... they are such a fun couple and I LOVE having family close

~meeting with other adopting mamas for our night out

~ having a potluck with other adopting families for a
Timkat Celebration (Ethiopian Epiphany)

~going on our first ever marriage retreat
(can not wait!!!)

~going to a Toby Mac concert

*Praying for all those babies that are not home yet and the ones who are still waiting for their forever families.



3 comments:

  1. Which brother? That's awesome that you get to have more family close by. I have a feeling the waiting time for you will pass quickly. Loving the fact that our lives are full of family and all that they have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have one awesome January!

    A marriage retreat? Sounds wonderful..!

    I'm headed to Sesame Street Live concert... your jealous, I can tell. Ha!

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like ya'll have a really fun month ahead!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...