Photobucket

Friday, December 31, 2010

My Year in Runs

I know it may seem kind of silly, but it helps me stay motivated and keeps me running.

JANUARY- Nookachamps 5k
*6wks after Millie was born
*running with husband, mom (Linda) and Millie

FEBRUARY- Two for the Road 5k
*running with mom and Millie

 MARCH- Sunset Loop 2 mi Relay
* running with sisters Sarah & Hannah and mom

APRIL- 2mi Tulip Run
*running with sister Hannah and Millie

MAY- Pregnancy Choices 2mi Walk
*walk with family & friends


JUNE- Berry Dairy Days 10k
*running with Millie,
 Hannah and Mom (not pictured)


JULY- Anacortes Art Dash 5k
*running with Millie
and we had our own cheer section

AUGUST- Ann Jackson Memorial Run 5k
*running with mom and Millie




SEPTEMBER-Seattle Iron Girl 5k
*running with mom

OCTOBER- No run because of crazy soccer schedule

NOVEMBER- Turkey Trot 2mi Fun Run
*running...actually more of a walk with the whole fam

DECEMBER- Jingle Bell Run 4mi

My favorite running partner is definitely my Mom!!  Love her:)

Next years goals
*5k or 10k a month
* atleast 1 or 2 half marathons

I have to set fitness goals for myself because lets face it....I am lazy!!  I would rather stay tucked in my nice warm bed than get up in the cold and run in the dark or go the gym and run on a treadmill.

I think it will also pass the time a little faster till we meet our sweet baby boy!!!

Happy New Year!!!
I am so excited to see what God has in store for
our family in 2011!!!

8 comments:

  1. I would love to run with you sometime....however I need to get in some serious shape!!!

    Maybe someday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are one motivated Mommy :)! Congrats on your accomplishments! I think it WILL help pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to ya'll!! I won't be running in 2011, but I'll be walking and working out a lot! I agree, it'll make this waiting time go by faster...and help us feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Millie grow up in the jogger?? I love running with a little one. I am excited to get to go back to the single with this baby--the double with the girls is getting to be too heavy!

    We should meet up for a marathon?! Goal for 2011??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you did a year re-cap in runs....I can totally appreciate that! I also love that you run with your mom. Our two oldest run with us and started doing 5k's a couple years ago. I hope it's an activity we can always share with all our kiddos. Maggie and I have had some of our best talks when we're out running.
    We really should look at the race schedule and get one on the calendar we can meet up for. I was just thinking the other day (while running on the boring treadmill) that maybe training for another marathon might be a good way to pass the time during this wait for Henry! Just pray my knee holds up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY NEW YEAR ABBY and FAM! HOLY SMOKES girl... I LOVE how many RUNS you were involved in and with your TOTALLY FUN Mommaseeeta! SO COOL! :) ...I'm still limping around from that CRAAZY Soccer OWIE but the RUNS look like a BLAST - I hope to participate in one for a GOOD cause one of these days... and for a NEATO T-Shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and fit-filled year! I must admit, my runner heart is a bit jealous (I am fighting an achilles tendinosis issue and have been for a few months now. aargh!), but I am STOKED for you! Keep it up! I agree that it will totally help give you another focus and help you keep the mental clarity required in adoption and motherhood! GO, GIRL! Maybe I'll see you at a half marathon later this year! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you got to do all these runs in one year!!! I try to do a few. I soooo miss the days of being able to run all the time. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...