Photobucket

Saturday, April 2, 2011

March Field Trip {World Vision}



I know this post is way over due...but oh well.  Better late than never...right!?!?!  Anyway 2 weeks ago we headed down to the world vision headquarters to do a little field trip.  We thought it would be fun for the kids to see and touch what world vision is about.  I know for me it is so much easier to remember things if I see them not just hear about them.

Our "tour" guide was amazing she had 4 boys (and homeschooled them all) so she knew how to handle 8 kids (my sis was there with her 4 boys also).  She really engaged the kids and had some fun games for them to play.  I loved listening to the kids answer the her questions.  It really surprised me how much they knew...I guess they  really are listening.


Everybody taking there turn at pumping the water



My beautiful Mother and little Millie



My husband and I just watched the Devil Came on Horseback
If you haven't seen it I would totally suggest watching it.  It is about a ex-marine who in 2004 took a job over seeing the cease fire in Sudan.... little did he know what he was getting himself into.  It is visually disturbing but this is their reality and I think we need to educate ourselves.  I for one don't remember hardly any news coverage on this when it happened.  It definitely makes our little problems that we think are so big, seem so trivial.


*Warning-make sure your children are not standing near when watching this.




3 comments:

  1. We need to come out there and follow your family around! Your field trips are so great in educating the kids and preparing their hearts for ministry/missions.
    Joe and I are planning to watch the movie tonight. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Hope you are having a great weekend.

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN FIELD TRIP!!!! Okay. This movie is now on our "must see" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the field trip idea! Ahhh, the benefits of homeschooling. My sis-in-law works for World Vision...such a great ministry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...