Photobucket

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fun with the Fam

Wow!!  I can't believe how fast January flew by for us.  Usually Jan, Feb, March seem to just drag by partly due to the cloudy, dark weather we are blessed with here in the PNW.  But we have definitely been keeping ourselves busy.

We had a membership to the Seattle Aquarium and we wanted to use it one more time before it expired.  So last Sunday we met my brother and his family down at the pier for some fish and chips and aquarium fun!!






They had so much fun at the aquarium but they especially liked hanging out with their cousins and kept trying to come up with a plan where somebody could stay the night.... so funny!!!  I'm so glad they love their cousins so much. 


**I have never been a big Valentines person for a couple reasons.... one being I have had morning sickness not 1 or 2 but 4 different Valentines.  The thought of Valentines brings back memories and makes me a bit nauseous.  But I figure it's time to get over my Valentine dislike and make it special for my kids....so I want to ask all you mama's... What do you do to make Valentines special and memorable for your kiddos???

Hope you all have a fantastic first day of February!!!


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun...I have only been to the Seattle Aquarium once I think...I should visit there. I think January is flying by too...well maybe that's because we are getting ready for the baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun family day in Seattle. Precious memories!

    Valentine's ideas: We've picked up a heart-shaped pepperoni pizza from Papa Murphy's. I serve it with a garden salad, fresh strawberries and sometimes red jello (yuck!) cut with heart shaped cookie cutters. Then I make my signature brownies also cut into heart shapes.

    If the day is a school day, then I know Olivia has a special breakfast in her DHH classroom. And, of course, the kiddos all have class parties in the afternoon.

    I'll miss out on all the celebrating this year. Boo!

    Oh, and FamilyFun.com always has great ideas for Valentine's Day.

    See you tomorrow.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made our own Valentines! I had the kids decorate construction paper with crayons and glitter and stickers, then I helped them cut the paper into hearts about 3" x 5" and used them as butterfly wings with Dum Dum and pipe-cleaners for the head and body. We made one of all the cousins and grandparents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful family!
    Pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast... always brings a smile (even the teens!) and a special dessert that evening. A family 'date' ... game night, movie night, craft night... this year it is out to the movies.
    LOVE FamilyFun.com! We found a cute valentine craft for the Grands one year on there. FrugalGirls.com has some really cute craft ideas too!
    Good luck and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you display your photos! What program do you use to do that? Looks like you had a great family day at the aquarium! :) I can't wait to start Valentine's Day tradition with our kiddo(s), rather than the sweet one's Jeff and I do together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...