The crew (my sister & her 4 boys and my mom) in our fashionable hair nets.
Yes we have a lot of kids...8 between the 2 of us...soon to be 9!!! * I have 3 other siblings and they all have kids, it makes for some wild times:) Even Millie had to wear a hair net, but she kept ripping it off.
There were samples EVERYWHERE!!!
It is the ONLY organic, fair trade chocolate factory that goes from bean to chocolate bar in the entire U.S. I have known about fair trade coffee for awhile and that is all I buy *thanks to Costco. But I never really thought about fair trade chocolate. Chocolate is one of the BIGGEST contributors to slave and child labor.
Theo Chocolate is sold all over the US. Just go to there site and type in your zip and it will give you the nearest location. We definitely had our fill of chocolate on the tour. It was SOOOO good!! It would totally make an awesome Valentines gift.
After the tour, since it was so nice out and the kids needed to get all of that chocolate energy out, we headed to Greenlake.
This little lady did NOT want to get out of the swing.
Crazy hair and all
Just chillin...watchin' all the big kids
I don't know if the kids will remember their day at the chocolate factory, but heck I sure had fun eating all that chocolate!!!


I went there before I moved from Washington. They do such a great tour! Glad you got to enjoy it with your beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteWe homeschool too. Love it!
ReplyDeleteDid not know that about chocolate (biggest contributors to slave and child labor)... YIKES. Uncool. Will have to change our chocolate habits.
Thanks for the post!
Loved the part that was scratched out:) This was a very enlightening post. I didn't know that about chocolate. My brother in law has bought us several Fair Trade items in Calgary. I think there are quite a few items(especially clothes) that are done by child laborers. It would be fun to do field trips with my sister in laws and their homeschooled kids as well. Doubt that will happen, other than this trip to Georgia though:). Hope the rest of your week is awesome!
ReplyDeleteHow fun?!! See...just another reason I want to homeschool :)
ReplyDelete