This weekend was so awesome!!!
My husband and I had the privilege to go to Marriage Encounter at a local camp...let me just tell you it was absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
I am kind of a "signs" person (I know, kind of weird) and when we walked into the room this flower was sitting on the table. I just knew it was going to be a great weekend.
Have you ever taken self photos with your spouse and had no idea what kind of face they were making??? Well we were a little bored while we waited for the first session to start so we decided to take a few.....
*WARNING- contents may not be suitable for children
Sorry if you have some recurring nights mares after seeing that.
(I thought it was funny! I'm sure I will regret posting it later though)
(I thought it was funny! I'm sure I will regret posting it later though)
We really had no idea what to expect. They don't really tell you a whole lot before you arrive. Its pretty hush, hush. But it was so worth it. God was totally there and He brought us so much closer. If you ever get the chance to go to one...DO IT!!! You won't regret it.
Paul's doodling on one of our breaks
Right after the retreat we headed over to a Timkat Celebration with some fellow adopting families. My mom met us there with all the kids. It was so nice to see their cute, smiling faces. I wish I would have taken a group shot. I was so tired from the weekend I wasn't thinking straight...oh well maybe next time.
So we are officially DTE which is very exciting. I told the kids that our dossier was there and they keep asking (at least 5 times a day) if its time to pick up baby brother yet.
I wish it was that easy!!!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend
&
Happy Monday!!!


Darcee and I were going to make the drive for the Timkat celebration...but I decided to spend it with my fam instead. I don't know if Darc ended up going or not. Sorry we missed out on the oportunity to meet you though.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on being DTE! Welcome to the wait; I pray it is a short one for your family.
ReplyDeleteYAY YAY! for the Marriage Encounter! ♥ ...and I TOTALLY LOVE your funny face picture! ha ha ha ha! :)
ReplyDeleteTOTALLY missed the Timkat celebration and seeing you and your sweet fam! PRAYING we see ya on the 3rd!! That would be SUPER AWESOME - Abby, I hope you can make it!
CONGRATULATIONS your DOSSIER is in ET!!!!!!! SO Happy! Great News! :)
Awesome about your dossier... DTE- woohoo!
ReplyDeleteLove the funny face picture
Love that ya'll are DTE!!! YAY! :)
ReplyDeleteWOOP! WOOP! Lets here it for your Dossier getting to ET! AWESOME! So glad you were able to do the Marriage Encounter and that God blessed your effort in making time for it! I love your goofy pic! Made me laugh! Life's too short to NOT have fun!!!! Your hubby's doodling was so sweet!
ReplyDelete