Photobucket

Friday, December 10, 2010

God sure does have funny ways of "bringing in the money"

I think God certainly does have a sense of humor...
so I got a call last week from a guy at our church wanting  a cake... OK that's fine.  I like to bake.  I can bake pretty much any type of cake, but I don't really decorate the cakes.  Mind you I have made a horse cake, Mario, snake, princess and few other themed cakes for my kids' birthdays...but that is pretty much to extent of my decorating expertise. 

OK back to the phone call... He was telling me his birthday is coming up and he needed a cake.  SWEET!!  Anything to bring our baby boy home.  He continued telling my where he was taking the cake, why he wanted such a cake.... and that he needed a TOILET cake...  a WHAT????  Mind you he is a plumber but a toilet cake... for reals??  I am no Buddy Valastro (Cake Boss) that's for dang sure.  I told him I would think about it and see if it was even possible with my measly skills.  
With the encouragement of my husband I decided to go for it.  No guts no glory..right!?!?!

so 3 HOURS later and $30 closer to bringing our baby boy home....
 here is the finished product  ....





I know its not pretty to look at... but it's a toilet!!

As of Monday we will have the $$$$ to send off our Dossier (thanks to hubby's bonus), we are just waiting for that last piece of paper.... our FDL from immigration.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  Ours is jam packed full of fun stuff.  I can't wait to tell you all about it on Monday!!



9 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I love hearing how the Lord provides:)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I'm impressed with your toilet baking skills...heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy!! Glad to hear the dossier will be off soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!! You have such incredible talents!! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little wierded out, haha!!! =) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we are both at the point where you say "I'll do whatever it takes!!" I have been wearing my Ugandan beads everywhere and with anything in hopes that someone will ask about them and want to buy one...and they have, twice!

    The candy cane was a nice, festive touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say- you get it for the 'most creative way to raise fund for an adoption'!!!! That's one for the baby book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome. Great job!
    Jill
    www.campfunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, lol that he wanted a toilet cake!! :) But you did a great job with it! And LOVE the festive candy cane flusher! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...