Photobucket

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Orphan Sunday.. and some other odds and ends



Yep that's right, Orphan Sunday is right around the corner.  If you don't know what Orphan Sunday is or have never even heard of it, please go HERE and check it out. 

My husband and I are privileged to share a small portion of our testimony and how God is using us.  I am getting nervous and trying to remember that I am to "get anxious for NOTHING".  If you don't know me, I do NOT like public speaking so this is going to be a great time for God to use potentially the worst public speaker for His glory.  And that truly is what it is all about!!   I am actually very excited (along with the nervousness) to do this.  This is our Church's first Orphan Sunday (we are doing it on Nov 14th) and I am just praying that people's hearts will be open to hear and then to do.  I just feel this fire inside of me burning for God and I want others to feel that same fire.  One quote that I love from the book "Wild Goose Chase" (if you haven't read it, read it!! Maybe it will be my first giveaway) is "if you haven't felt God moving its probably because you are not moving".  Going through this adoption makes that so clear.  I have never felt God so real than I do now, I can feel Him moving and it is SO awesome.

Last night when I was praying with my sweet Ava, her prayer went something like this
" Dear Jesus, please bring my baby brother home, protect his heart.  Thank You for washing away all of our sin. Amen"

......and last of all I have to share a pic my bro-in-law took when they lived out here
She melts my heart!!


3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! We just started the adoption process. : )

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that you guys will be sharing for Orphan Sunday! I pray many hearts will be moved and many eyes opened! By the way, my little 3 month old daughter's name is ava :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for speaking on Orphan Sunday! You will do great, and just think! You might help plant some seeds that will bring other forever families together! May God bless you as you give your talk! Let us know how it goes afterwards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...