Photobucket

Thursday, September 30, 2010

What will you do??

Last week my mom asked if she could host a World Vision party at my house and of course I said YES.  I think what World Vision is doing is amazing.  If you have never read the book "A Hole in our Gospel" by Richard Stearns the president of World Vision I would strongly suggest it.  He has an amazing journey of how God brought him to where he is now.....Anyway for the party they suggest you make food from around the world.  It was really fun getting the kids involved.  We had a blast in the kitchen....

helping get ingredients out


twin aprons

love my girls


pulling at Nany's apron strings


the whole kitchen crew
(my mom made the pink & black polka dot aprons)
 So the whole point of the party is to educate people, have them see the need and then sponsor a child....well nobody showed up.  I think God had other plans to broaden my children's horizons.... they kept asking question after question.   It was really great to see them so curious and wanting to learn about and help these other kids who were not as fortunate as them.  Their hearts are so big... they wanted to sponsor every single child..  The main focus of World Vision is...  (and I just love it)   You have one chance...What will you do??

5 comments:

  1. Love the aprons and the party. It's great that your kids have a heart to help others. It's exciting when our kids start to think of others needs. It would've been nice to have others come to the party, but it sounds like your family was blessed in spite of the absence of others. It would be really nice if other countries made it more affordable to adopt, especially considering how many orphans there are and how many are dying EVERY day! Praying for you and hoping the adoption process goes super quick for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby you are just amazing! I love you are your family and I miss you! Kate McGill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby is adorable...gettin' big too! Love your apron...my mom just made me one similar only in lime green :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! World Vision is one of my favorite organizations and The Hole in Our Gospel IS my favorite book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...