Photobucket

Thursday, January 22, 2009

MIAMI

We had a great time in Miami, but I don't really have any desire to go back there. It was way to busy and the drivers were absolutely NUTS. I am so thankful Paul drove:) We got there late Wednesday night and trying to navigate the roads was very interesting to say the least. Our Hotel Newportbeachsideresort was descent, but the room we had was NOTHING like the room on the website. It looked like it hadn't been updated since the 70's. On our first day we had no real agenda, just check out the beach, city and most importantly find Starbucks. We drove around for about an hour before finding a Starbucks which was located only two blocks from our hotel...ugh!!

On Friday we drove to Key West which was about 4hrs away. It was 170mi from Key Largo (the first key) to Key West (the last key). It was so beautiful there. I love the feel of Island life, so peaceful.


Saturday was our last day and also the warmest day so we decided to rent a kayak and paddle around Biscayne bay. It was beautiful we saw all sorts of birds, mangrove trees, yachts and supposedly there were dolphins out but we didn't see any. After that we headed back to our hotel to do some swimming, catch some much needed rays and read on the beach. It was so relaxing I was trying to enjoy every moment. Later that evening we headed down to south beach where we had our tattoo appt. I have wanted this tattoo for over a year, it is my mom, two sisters and two sister in laws favorite flowers. I love how it turned out, better than I imagined. Paul also got another tattoo, its my name in tribal on his leg. It turned out really good. I love it!!! We spent our last night in south beach, had dinner at an outside cafe. It was a very nice ending to a great trip.

1 comment:

  1. You have a blog! I'll add you to the list of those I follow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...