my Hero Cowboy
LOVE, love, LOVE this little crazy girl!!!
** Today marks 5 months DTE (dossier to Ethiop.ia)
** I know most all of my readers are familiar with the process but just in case you aren't here is the low down. Our agency does not have a waitlist. They give us an estimated time to wait DTE (dossier to ET) before we get a referral. Our estimated wait time for a referral is 6-12 mo. A referral is a picture of your baby and all the info that there is on them. Our agency does have a forum that only about 1/3 of the families are represented. On there it looks like most families are waiting about 8 months for a referral. So maybe, just maybe we could be seeing our baby boys face for the first time in September:) After we get our referral we wait another 2-4 months for a court date and then wait another few months for an embassy date. We have to travel for both court and embassy. We are just sitting pretty and enjoying all the moments in the wait. I just read this quote this morning and it just makes me more mindful of the moments right now.
"And like petals of a rose, moments fall to the ground once there is no life in them. Moments are to be treasured-- not just the moments that you've already lived but the moments brimming with life"
I am treasuring the moments NOW with these precious treasures!!!


Glad to hear an update from you. I know the wait can be hard....but you have the right mindset!!! Hoping you make lots of memories with your kids while you are waiting.
ReplyDeleteYou are so close! Glad you are enjoying the time with your kids. Love the quote you shared.
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! September would be great! And that is just around the corner!!! I agree, I am trying to soak up every precious moment that God gives me with our kids...enjoying them even in the long wait for their baby sister! :)
ReplyDeleteOooooooooooooh I just can't wait to hear your AMAZING news!!! I think about you and pray for your family often! ♥ Your KIDDOS ROCK! LOVE them! They are going to be SUCH amazing Big brother and sisters!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I loooooooooooooooove your pics!! PRECIOUS! ♥
ReplyDeleteHey! I think I'm the winner of the Ugandan necklace! I have been out of town and didn't see your post! I wasn't sure where to email you??
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Hey Abby! I just saw your comment on my blog..haha anyway my email is rleigh8605@yahoo.com!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Time Flies and you will see that face in no time!
ReplyDeleteYou are getting so close!!
ReplyDeleteWhat agency are you with? My husband and I are almost done paper chasing!! YAY! I'm your newest follower. Come follow our journey, too?
ReplyDeleteLindsey :)
almcrock.blogspot.com