Photobucket

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend {and lots of pics}

We had a fabulous (busy) Easter weekend and it started on Saturday morning when my neighbor texted me, letting me know there was a hot air balloon in the field in front of our house getting ready to take off.


 Ava, so excited, running to tell us all about it


 Millie loving it



Right after that we hurried out the door to head to our churches annual Easter egg hunt.  It always suprises me how many people are looking for an Easter egg hunt for their kids.  Our church is small (like 100 people on a good Sunday) and we had about 350 attend the hunt.
Paul and Millie getting the eggs ready

Ava guarding the eggs

 This was only part of the crowd there was also food and face painting going on inside and a bounce house and Easter bunny out front.

She had to hurry or she wasn't going to get any eggs


Easter is such a special time and I try to not let the kids focus solely on the bunny, and all the candy but on the real reason.....Jesus dieing for our sins and raising from the dead on the third day so that we may live with Him for ever.  Why He did that for me still blows my mind and I will probably never be able to understand it.  Sunday morning we celebrated at church and the kids memorized Matthew 28 and recited it during the morning service.


Eliza reciting her part.  I have no idea why she is reading it, because she 
had the entire thing memorized.

After church we headed to my sisters house for Easter lunch

cousins

 Millie trying to double fist the eggs while eating candy


. . . .and the hunt is on


When we got home that night I realized that I hadn't taken any pics of the girls in their skirts, so outside we went so I could snap a few.
Millie wasn't so sure

 and Ava definitely wasn't feeling it

1.2.3 JUMP



Told you that was a lot of pics...ha!!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend celebrating His Resurrection!!!




5 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome Easter! Love the balloon- what a cool experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Abby. The girls' skirts are beautiful..you did a great job. I am a bit jealous of your sewing talent, but we can be friends anyway!! :)

    Glad to see you had a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kelli
    We did have a great Easter... thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KellyHaha Kelly I sew well as long as you don't look very close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pics! The weather for Easter weekend was pretty amazing. We didn't get out to enjoy it, but thankfully that doesn't take away from the meaning of the day. SO thankful that Jesus gave HIS life so that we could be saved. Like you, I'm in awe and feel so undeserving of His great gift. He's definitely used this time of sickness to slow me down and given me a greater appreciation for times of good health:). Love the girls skirts! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...