Photobucket

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Children of the Nations

*Have to blog about this before time gets away from me

This last weekend we had the privilege of being a part of a huge undertaking.  We helped package over 131,000 meals for orphaned or destitute children.  It was through an organization called Children of the Nations.  It was awesome because the whole family was involved.  The kids had such a great time...and were able to help other kids at the same time.

This was our table

My mom, Eliza and Silas worked at a table right behind us

Millie was getting a little tired of being in the Ergo for 2hrs

Ava loved helping

sitting on the packaged boxes getting ready
for the group shot

After that we headed to the Lights of Christmas where they have over a million lights displayed in all forms.

This is just a small sample of all the lights... I didn't get any pics of the big light displays

 Millie ridin in the Ergo again...this time she had lots to look at.

 The big kids helping Millie sit on the horse



 As far as adoption stuff we got word that our I-171H paperwork is headed to the US embassy in Ethiopia!!!  That is so exciting.  I am going to call our adoption specialist today and see where in route our dossier is. 

I can't believe Christmas is just a few days away!!  Hope you all are getting those last few little things finished up.

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins."  Matt 1:21


3 comments:

  1. That was so wonderful to read about. I wish we could have been involved in the Skagit Feeds Children, too. Next year maybe?

    Anyhow, praying for you guys and for your little Malachi (how will you spell his name?). We all can't wait to see who he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious example to your children, of how to love all of God's children! Looks like great family fun!

    I am SO EXCITED for you to be DTE!!!! HUGE STEP!

    May your Christmas be FILLED with the love of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that you guys all served together like this!! SOOO COOL! I'm sure it's something the kids will remember FOREVER! ♥ LOVE ♥ it! :) and i LOoooooooooooooove your cute little hair nets! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...