Yesterday we finally had our long awaited USCIS fingerprinting appt (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition) so that we will be legal to bring our baby back into the country. It was at the "local" Department of Homeland Security Office (local meaning 1hr 15min away in good traffic). We had quite the little adventure getting there... *we left in plenty of time just in case something happened. I printed off great directions that led us to the middle of a neighborhood with no office type buildings in site. We had 15min before our scheduled appt time, so I pulled out my trusty phone, clicked on google maps and with a minute to spare pulled into the USCIS parking lot.
We hauled buns up to the building and after waiting for about 45min....
our fingerprints are DONE!!!!
We were so starving after our little escapade we decided to grab a quick bite to eat.... the lady gave us our number and oh yes..
wouldn't you know it... it was number FIVE. Yes we will soon have FIVE kids!!!!
That is so crazy to think of. I would have never in my life imagined that we would have FIVE children. God has some crazy plans for us.....
We hurried and ate because I had to be back to make it to my friend Christina's Zumba fundraiser to bring her baby girl home from Ethiopia.
We were driving along on I-5 just chatting when the car started acting funny and Paul says "Oh man the gas light never came on."... what?? We were running out of gas on the FREEWAY!! So we made our way (slowly) over and right when we were pulling off a DOT man pulled up right behind us with a gas can.
He was our Ordinary Hero!!
Thank You Mr. DOT man.
So that was our fingerprinting adventure.. I am praying we get our "Favorable Determination Letter" very soon. That is the LAST piece of paper we are waiting for so we can send of our Dossier.


How great to see God's hand throughout this important day! Just curious, since we will have to be doing this in the near future....where is the Dept. of Homeland Security Office?:)
ReplyDeleteOmygoooooooooooooodness! I can't believe you ran out of gas and the DOT man was there to come to your rescue! WOW! Praise God! :) I LOVE that you got a picture of you and your hubby on this eventful day! ...will be praying you get your FDL ASAP. :) ...we got ours about 2 weeks later. (Was really AWESOME to get that in the mail!)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, what a fingerprinting adventure!! :) So glad God provided the DOT man for ya'll! Hope ya'll get your FDL super fast just like we did! Maybe USCIS is processing quickly these days! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an adventure! USCIS has been super fast lately; here's hoping they are for you too!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Quite an adventure! Don't you love it when God shows up!....the "five".......Mr DOT man! (holy cow!)......and making the appt in the nick of time! Not late. Just right on time! Sounds like God to me! ;o)
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE SOOOOO CLOSE TO BEING DTE!!!!! Can't wait! Excited for you!
Oh my- what an adventure!
ReplyDeleteWho knew DOT employs angels?
What an adventure! This process offers plenty a story! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat did your friend do for her Zumba fundraiser? I love Zumba...
Happy to be following your blog!
Candace
Rescued Via Grace