I can't believe how much can happen in just a year. How much God can work in our hearts and lives. A year ago I looked like this...............
| (35 wks) |
and adoption was the farthest thing from my mind at the time. I was about 99.9% sure we were DONE having kids. Living my "comfortable" life and not wanting to go to far out of my comfort zone.
Little did I know the plans God had instore for our family.
Little did I know the plans God had instore for our family.
Now adoption is all thats on my mind. My heart is breaking for the 147 million orphans worldwide. This IS my passion, my families passion. I am SO thankful God has called us down this road. I know it's going to be a long bumpy road, but we are in it for the long haul. And whether God is going to add 1? 2? 3? children to our family..I have no idea.
I leave that is all in His hands.
TRUST in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5,6
I leave that is all in His hands.
TRUST in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5,6

Isn't it awesome GOd doesn't leave us where we are? Thank goodness!
ReplyDeleteAnd so our stories are alike. Our true heart change came when our daughter's nanny handed her to us. When I held her, I KNEW we would adopt again and our lives would never be the same!! That huge number we all toss around (147 million) now had a face, smell, smile...I am so thankful that He opened our eyes.....our lives are SO much fuller b/c of it!!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear others feel the same!! Blessings!
I am so thankful that God called ya'll down this adoption road too!!! :)
ReplyDelete