Photobucket

Monday, March 16, 2009

A Day Off

So this past Saturday was Paul's first day off in three weeks. We were both SO ready for him to be home, but we didn't want to just stay home all day and do nothing, so we decided to take a little trip. Rain or Shine we were going and wouldn't you know it, it was raining. The ferry for Friday Harbor left at 10am. We met my parents there and headed over. We didn't want to stay long so we just walked around a bit ate yummy fish and chips had coffee and headed back on the 1;30 ferry. After that we went over to my folks house for a very relaxing evening. All in all it was a great day.











On a side note, I am turning into my mother more and more everyday. I am not saying it is a bad thing. My mother is a wonderful, loving, caring woman. When I was growing up she would get up early read her Bible, have coffee and get a start on the day. Now I totally know why she did it. I get up about 5:30 have coffee, read my Bible and just have quiet time. Since I home school as soon as the kids get up there is not a whole lot of "quiet". Also the other day I heard my mom telling someone as well as reading her Bible in the morning she also reads a fiction and a self-help book. Can you guess what I am reading???? The Shack and Whats so Amazing about Grace.

1 comment:

  1. you're doing great:) I've been sleeping in til 7 cause it's the first time I've had all 3 sleeping til then. Plus the diclectin makes me so drowsy I could sleep all day. I usually find that my best reading/understanding time is in the afternoon when they're napping or right after they go to bed. I used to do tbe early morning thing(never the coffee), but didn't find that i was getting as much out of what I read. It's great that the early morning works for you and since my mom is a late night person maybe I'm actually turning into her:) Amazing how that happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...