Photobucket

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chiropracter

So my knee has been bothering me for about 10 days now.. I finally went to the Chiropractor yesterday.. It was GREAT!! I would have never in my life thought of going to the Chiropractor for my knee until Patty a trainer at the gym suggested it. I am so glad I went. He told me so much info its hard to remember all of it. I had pelvic x-rays done, hip and spine adjustment and he worked on my knee for about 45min. The guy I went to specializes in sports injury's,, He had a picture of two guys on the wall that had previously done an Iron Man, one had something wrong with his neck when he swam and the other had a hip problem when he ran. It was very interesting. So here is a list of things (that I can remember) that may have attributed to my knee:

1. Very week ligaments: when he was doing the tests on my knee he could move it right and left (gross) WAY more than what is normal. Hence my quad, hamstring, and calf are over compensating trying to stabilize the knee and do all the work

2. Lots of built up scar tissue: he used ART (Active Release Technique) to break it all up

3. Hips needed adjusting along with the spine

4. 3 C-sections: he said they cut right threw your ab muscles (obviously) and do nothing to repair them, so to compensate I am using my back muscles. All the muscles are intertwined so from your back it goes down to your knee.

5. When I partially tore my MCL about 10 yrs ago, I most likely tore my LCL. The doctor back then never did a MRI, he just drew fluid to see if there was blood in it.

I have an appointment tomorrow and another next week.. He said I can probably start running again the beginning of the week and I need to do more yoga and Pilate's to strengthen abs and stretch the tight leg muscles. I am very excited that I now know whats wrong with my knee and how I can make it better.

1 comment:

  1. You know I worked for a chiro, and had my knees adjusted regularly while I was there and it was great. I never had the problems you have, but it really helped me! Glad you have found someone to work with you on this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following us on this amazing journey. I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...